Fri, May 6, 2011
Sainik Awasiya Mahavidyalaya, Sallaghari, Bhaktapur previously named as Birendra Sainik Awasiya Mahavidyalaya and Suping Campus, was established with the joint investment of the Nepali Army (then Royal Nepalese Army) and the Tribhuvan University (TU) at Bhimphedi of Makawanpur district on the 14th of Poush 2035. Since, then both proficiency level and high school(IV-X) classes have been conducted together. Since the year 2060, Higher Secondary(Class XI and XII) under Higher Secondary Education Board have been conducted here.
The Mahavidyalya, having completed its 25 years of imparting quality education, holds an excellent record in the annual examinations of HSEB. SAMV often has 100 percent results in XI and XII, we have many records of enlisting our students amongst the board toppers. Out SLC results have always been the matter of glory for us as we have produced many board toppers including the Board First.
Providing Boarding facilities within its premises, the campus considers hostel life as an extension of formal education with an exposure to practical community living, wide range of co-curricular activities and guided tutorial programs. Above all, the Principal, Vice Principal and majority of the teachers reside within the campus premises to pay full attention to the boarders. The Liaison Officer and other army personnel, at the same time, are committed to provide logistic support and maintenance of the Mahavidyalaya Some teachers and girl students (day-scholars) commute daily with the Mahavidyalaya’s reliable fleet of 18 buses.
We hope that on successful completion of their studies, students will gain valuable new skills and the pride and confidence that come with success SAMV will ensure a beneficial and rewarding experience and open new doors for students.
Following the Education Policy of Government of Nepal the Mahavidyalaya has the aim of fulfilling the following objectives:
- To impart quality education to the sons & daughters of in service and retired army personnel and offer the same facilities to the children of civilians
- To produce manpower to provide able leadership in the various institutions of the nation
- To produce loyal, capable and trust worthy manpower who can shoulder the responsibilities of developing the country
- To promote good conduct, high sense of morality and discipline so as to develop and shape the multi-dimensional personality of students
- To provide excellent training in the field of sports